Good evening, Members! By now you might have heard that Pasquotank County has its first confirmed COVID-19 case that is now in quarantine. This news should not change what you have hopefully been doing this week. Be wise!
1. Avoid groups of people
2. Wash your hands for 20 seconds frequently
3. Try to not go out of your house or workplace unless it is absolutely necessary
4. Get good sleep and good nutrition
5. Don’t visit people over 65 or those who have chronic medical problems; call or video chat instead
6. If you have cold symptoms, STAY HOME. Assume you do have COVID-19 and think about those around you. Don’t spread it to them if you can help it.
7. If you are having a fever and cough, call or text the member line.
8. Only if you are having difficulty breathing go to the ER; difficulty breathing is NOT a stuffy nose or needing several seconds to catch your breath after coughing
9. Remember, these recommendations are not all about you; they are about our community’s health. If we all do our part we can lessen the burden on the healthcare system.
10. Get outside and enjoy spring! (6 feet apart)