What is direct primary care (DPC)?
The basic concept is simple. Strip out all the middle men (insurance) between you and your doctor. Instead, replace it with easy access, longer visits, lower and transparent costs, and a doctor who knows their patients and their needs.
- Patients are charged a flat monthly or annual fee, under terms of a contract
- Contract fee covers the cost of all primary care services furnished in the direct primary care practice
- Removes any additional financial barriers the patient may encounter in accessing routine care primary care, including preventative, wellness, and chronic care services
- Uses the power of the relationship between a patient and the doctor to improve patient’s health and lower health care costs
Want to know more about direct primary care? Click here for more information.
Benefits of membership
The monthly membership fee provides you with access to excellent, timely health care with your doctor. After 25 visits in a year a office visit fee of $20 will be charged for additional visits. The following are included in your membership:
- Yearly physicals for adults with EKG, appropriate labs, pap smears, preventive health care counseling, and personalized health plan for the year
- Well-child check-ups and sports physicals
- Skin allergy testing and SLIT (sublingual immunotherapy) for an extra fee
- Routine exams and check-ups lasting up to 30-45 minutes
- Little to no wait times for your appointments
- Same day or next day appointments for sick visits
- Yearly flu vaccine
- Minor procedures (EKGs, ear wax removal)
- After-hours access via the phone, text, email, or video for acute problems
- In office labs (complete blood count, metabolic panel, hemoglobin A1C, cholesterol, thyroid, prostate specific antigen, urine analysis)
- If you need to go to the ER or hospital, our team will help coordinate your care as you transition in and out of the hospital
Other tests or procedures that are needed are charged separately but you will always know how much it will cost before you commit to them
- Lab test that are beyond the basic free labs are charged at a
discounted rate (strep, COVID, or flu test, and blood work)
- Skin lesion removal, laceration repair ("stitches"), joint injections, abscess drainage, and toenail removal are at discounted prices compared to urgent care, ER, or specialist costs
- Home visits at an extra cost
Though insurance is not accepted at the clinic, it is advised for patients to have a wraparound insurance or health sharing plan to cover emergencies and specialist care.